Updated: November 1, 2021
Many marketing videos are between 30 seconds and 2 minutes long, but what about making videos that are even shorter than that? Let’s say between 16 and 20 seconds? Is there a benefit to using short or ultra-short videos for your business?Let’s start by talking about what we mean by “short” in terms of videos. The maximum length of a video on on many social sites like Instagram are between 6-15 seconds long.
If you’re thinking that 6 seconds isn’t long enough for you to get anything important across to your viewers, think again. It takes the human brain only 13 milliseconds to process an image. So a well-edited short video can convey an enormous amount of information very quickly as I found out with a number of short videos I posted in English and Dutch on social media including here on LinkedIn.
Due to their extremely short nature, most viewers will watch the whole thing – and may even end up watching it more than once.
Short or ultra-short videos ideos can be used for almost anything a longer video can, such as:
1) Personal branding
3) Product & services demonstrations •
4) New product announcements
5) Calls to action
There are plenty of other ways you can use short or ultra-short videos to increase brand awareness, generate fresh leads, convert viewers into customers and turn satisfied customers into loyal customers.
Advantages of short or ultra short videos.
• They have the same SEO value as longer videos.
• They are quicker and less expensive to produce.
• Instagram is an example of a relatively new social media site, and using them can let consumers know that you or your company is hip and innovative
• Short videos are some of the most shared content on some major hitters in the social media arena on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
That is why I personally use different types of short videos (between 15-20 seconds) more and more in my different online and offline marketingplans including in my content marketing plans. Check out of number of examples (lower) on this page.
I hope these tips were usefull to you? Bookmark this category of blogs on this site for more practical tips..